Select Page

What documents do I need to translate to live in Spain?

Legalizing and Translating documents to live in Spain

If you are considering moving to Spain, it is important to take into account the legal formalities and which documents to translate to live in Spain in order for your transition to be successful. One of the crucial aspects is the legalisation and translation of certain documents that will be required by the Spanish authorities. At La Vila Traducciones, we are experts in sworn translations and immigration procedures, and we are here to help you through the entire process.

Legalisation and translation of academic degrees or diplomas

If you have academic degrees or diplomas from studies carried out outside Spain, it is likely that you will need to legalise them in order to have them recognised in your country. The legalisation of these documents ensures their validity and authenticity before Spanish institutions. At La Vila Traducciones, we can take care of the legalisation of your academic qualifications, thus facilitating your integration into the education or employment system in Spain.

Most frequent documents that need to be legalised:

Depending on the body to which you need to submit your documents, there are certain types of documents that tend to be required more frequently. Some of these include:

Academic degrees:

If you plan to continue your studies in Spain or seek employment in your professional field, it is likely that you will need to present the legalisation of your academic qualifications.

Certified transcripts:

Legalisation of certified transcripts supporting your previous studies is often requested, proving your academic history and grades.


In some cases, it may be necessary to present the pensum de estudios, i.e. the details of the subjects and courses you have taken, so that Spanish institutions can assess equivalence with their own education system.

Birth certificate:

The legalisation of your birth certificate may be required for various administrative procedures in Spain, such as applying for residency or enrolling in educational programmes.

Criminal record certificate:

To ensure security and comply with legal requirements, you may be required to present a legalised criminal record certificate when applying for residency in Spain.

Documents requiring an apostille must be apostilled in the country of origin and translated in Spain by a sworn translator.

At La Vila Traducciones, we have collaborators who are experts in foreigners and we know the specific requirements for each country and type of procedure. We offer you a comprehensive service that includes both the sworn translation and the legalisation of your documents, ensuring that you comply with all the legal requirements when emigrating to Spain.

Don’t let the language barrier or red tape prevent you from achieving your goals in Spain. Trust us and let us help you through the whole process of legalisation and translation of documents to live in Spain. At La Vila Traducciones, we are committed to your success and will facilitate your path to a new life in this wonderful country. Contact us today and let us be your ally in your journey to Spain!

Legalización y traducción de documentos para emigrar a España
Esta web utiliza cookies propias para su correcto funcionamiento. Contiene enlaces a sitios web de terceros con políticas de privacidad ajenas que podrás aceptar o no cuando accedas a ellos. Al hacer clic en el botón Aceptar, acepta el uso de estas tecnologías y el procesamiento de tus datos para estos propósitos. Más información
Skip to content